Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It knocks but once

'A light is always at the end of the tunnel.'

Well, that's an adage the majority would say. For me, however, the light's always been there...it's us who went down the tunnel. And now it's time to get out of there.

Lately I'm whiling my time away drawing plates for a comicbook I'm pitching here. Yes, a comicbook. My fellow fanboy here, Mr. O, just informed me that one of our acquaintances at Druid's Keep (a super homey comicbook station located in Magallanes powered by the marvelous Mr. Felix Cua) is interested on giving Filipino talents who love the medium a chance to shine. Although said contact stated that the books will be published and distributed locally, it is still a once in a lifetime opportunity I wouldn't dare miss.

The logical thing to do is jump at the chance. Of course, that's exactly what I did. I told my buddy that there's a story in my head that they might find interesting and yesterday I forwarded to them the gist and story outline for their review. Hopefully, some positive results will come out this week. Until then, I'm cracking to finish some of the plates I'll present to them during the pitching sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment