Only it's in Spanish. The title, anyway.
This isn't the original story I've come up with, but for some unforeseen reason my story was thought of first by someone else. So, in order to meet deadlines and for at least this venture to push through without the legal hassles I had to do a fasty from my magic trick hat and pull out another idea bunny that would - at the very least - be similar in scope and level as the first one.
'Waltz of Moon' is a horror/action-melodrama/suspense about a young girl left in an orphanage who, unknowingly, is the key to all the weird things that's going on in the place. The setting will be in Manila and the ideas would be as native to my country as possible. This is one way of my letting others know how rich Philippine culture is and how its folklores and superstitions are as thought-provoking as any other country's.
Muchas thanks to my sister who is an avid fan of the horror genre for her insightful and wonderful contributions whenever my plot is heading towards the heavy-handed direction.
Hopefully the first issue would be out by June or July this year. It's free, by the way, so when it's published I'll let you guys know and hand out copies if you want some.
Without further ado, here are the first two pages I've worked on for your viewing pleasure. Hope you enjoy it. Also, your comments/suggestions/violent reactions are welcome!
Page 1 - The hardest so far to draw because of the multiple panel shots I had to figure out while trying to ensure that the narrative would be in accordance to the script. The challenge is to get you guys hooked without me sounding like an overbearing grandpa. It's mostly a pencil play using shadows, dark tones, and the noir style.

Page 2- The title page and the full-panel shot that's a gist of the series (well, a little). Okay, at first I didn't like the idea of including religious references, but after a very long thought process I decided to push through with it since it is very critical to the story and is a core to what I believe in. So there.
sinong artist mo dito? Ikaw ba ang nag drawing?
ReplyDelete--kitchie