Today marks the fifth death anniversary of my beloved grandfather, ‘Lolo Tasyo’. Strange how time flies. The day he succumbed to liver cirrhosis, I remember going home from a work I learned to dislike only to find a household in mourning to the passing of a good man.
I remember how the tears incessantly gushed from my eyes, and how I wanted to stop the sobs but could not. I remember feeling the grief that night and promised to never forget my grandfather’s good name, and to never besmirch the memory of his grand deeds – his outstanding courage, his impeccable wisdom, his venerable kindness, his uncanny intellect, his admirable firmness, his immeasurable love for family, and his God-fearing (if not virtuous) nature.
Though his physical form has long been turned to ashes and cinders, he is, and forever will be, a giant of a man in my eyes.
Rest easy, Titan. You have earned the favor of God, the respect of man, and the sleep of the just.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment